Are you looking to file a claim?: Please review the policies below to ensure you are within the requirements. You can file a claim either by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by filing a claim directly on our site here: File A Claim. See the bottom of the page for the required template when emailing us.
SavedBy Package Protection™ covers packages that are lost, damaged, or stolen1. Please review our policies below to determine if your package is covered by SavedBy.
Note: SavedBy covers the cost of the items in an order. SavedBy explicitly does not cover any other fees or charges. These include, but are not limited to, shipping costs, customs and duties, taxes, the SavedBy protection cost, other costs incurred by the customer.
SavedBy Package Protection Policies:
Stolen Items and Packages:
SavedBy, at our sole discretion, may require a police report when the customer’s package is marked as “delivered”, but has not been received by the customer. See the requirements below:
- The customer must file a police report for orders that are $50 or more2. Include an explanation within the police report that SavedBy Package Protection is the company that has protected the package, and is helping in the dispute and resolution process for the customer and the merchant.
- The customer must send SavedBy the police report, via email to email@example.com. Within this email, the customer must include their order #, the merchant they purchased from, and the police report itself.
SavedBy Package Protection reserves the right to require additional information to be submitted if SavedBy determines it is necessary to review this additional information for the claim resolution process
Note: Orders that are marked through their tracking information as “delivered”, but that are not received by the customer, must wait 9 days after the delivery date to make a claim, but must file the claim within a 16 day period of the delivery date for the claim to be valid.
If the customer input the incorrect address information when purchasing through their merchant, SavedBy Package Protection does not cover the package. If the customer has input the correct address information when purchasing through the merchant, but the package was delivered to the incorrect address, SavedBy Package Protection will cover this as long as there is proof of delivery to the incorrect address. This burden of proof falls upon the customer to provide.
Lost Items Policy:
Packages presumed to be lost:
Packages are presumed to be lost for US Domestic orders when the status of the package is not “delivered”, and it has been greater than 9 days since the last status update per the tracking information.
Packages are presumed to be lost for International orders when the status of the package is not “delivered”, and it has been greater than 40 days since the last status update per the tracking information.
All Domestic claims related to lost packages must be filed within 30 days from the last status update per the tracking information
All International claims related to lost packages must be filed within 60 days from the last status update per the tracking information
Invalid Address or other Delivery Issues:
- Carriers may not be able to successfully deliver a package due to reasons such as an invalid address, not being able to find an individual to sign for a package, or other delivery issues. SavedBy Package Protection does not cover instances where there are invalid addresses or other delivery issues arise. The package is not considered, lost, stolen or damaged, and the customer will be referred to the merchant to resolve the delivery issues.
Partial Order Delivery:
- If the customer receives the package, but not all of the ordered items are included in the package, and the package does not show proof of tampering, then SavedBy does not cover the package. The customer will be referred to the merchant.
Packages that have been “Returned to Sender”
- If the package has been labeled as “Return to Sender”, SavedBy Package Protection does not cover this package. The customer will be referred to the merchant to resolve the delivery issues.
Packages that are Held in Customs
- SavedBy does not cover packages that have been held in customs for any reason. The customer will be referred to the merchant to resolve the issues of why Custom’s has held the package.
- SavedBy will not cover customs fees for orders that are replaced by SavedBy. This is the responsibility of the customer.
Damaged Items and Packages Policy:
- SavedBy Package Protection will cover items that are damaged due to the shipment carrier’s neglect. These damages include functional damage that stop the product from working as advertised and render it unusable.
- SavedBy Package Protection will not cover cosmetic damages, manufacturing damages, damages as a result of the merchant’s negligence regarding avoidable damages as a result of the packaging and shipping of a product. SavedBy reserves the right to offer a partial refund on an item if it is determined the damage does not render the item unusable. This partial refund may range from 1% to 99% of the product value.
- The customer must send SavedBy the evidence of the damage, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Within this email, the customer must include their order #, the merchant they purchased from, and the proof of damage itself.
- SavedBy Package Protection can cover items purchased through a subscription. The same policies apply. SavedBy will only cover the single item within the subscription, not the whole subscription. The customer must separately purchase shipping protections for each shipment in a subscription.
- SavedBy Package Protection cannot reorder custom products from a merchant. SavedBy will offer to refund the custom products within an order if it is within policy.
Out of Stock Items:
- SavedBy Package Protection cannot cover items that are Out of Stock from the merchant. SavedBy will direct the customer to the merchant to resolve this issue.
Warranties on Replacement Packages:
- SavedBy Package Protection does cover items or packages that are sent as a result of the SavedBy Package Protection coverage. Therefore, only the first order with SavedBy Package Protection is covered by our policies, any replacement packages, or refunds, are not covered under this protection.
*1 - As long as these claims are within our policies. SavedBy makes no guarantee your package will be protected by our dispute resolution process.
*2 - SavedBy reserves the right to deny a claim if there is no associated police report.
File A Claim:
To file a claim, send us an email OR directly on our website Here. SavedBy requires that you fill out this questionnaire and include this in your email. Please COPY / PASTE this into your claim email. We will ask for you to fill out this template if you email us without including this.
Name on Order:
Merchant Where Purchase Was Made & Order #:
This Claim relates to: (Stolen Package / Damaged Package / Lost Package) (SELECT ONLY 1)
Detailed Information Regarding the Situation and Why this is Eligible for SavedBy Package Protection: